Defending the Rights of Grandparents in Custody Disputes

As a grandparent, the health and well-being of your grandchildren is likely one of your chief concerns. When the health of your grandchildren is in jeopardy, it is important to know that you have rights as a grandparent. These rights may allow you to step in and provide more stable living arrangements for your grandchildren when their parents are unable to offer the care they deserve.

At Gemelas, Wilson, Merrill & Fritz Co LPA, our Elyria, Ohio, grandparents’ rights attorneys use more than 100 years of combined experience to provide detailed support to grandparents wishing to provide a healthy home for their grandchildren. Our experience allows us to offer support in cases involving unfit parents, mentally or physically disabled parents or parents with substance abuse issues. We also support grandparents seeking visitation rights to grandchildren born to parents outside of marriage or to parents who are now divorced.

Helping You Provide Care for Your Grandchildren

As a grandparent, you may be entitled to provide care for your grandchildren when their parents are unable to do so.

In situations involving parents who refuse to relinquish custody of the children despite their inability to provide care, we offer guidance on the proper avenues for demonstrating to the court that both parents are unfit.

We also provide support during your pursuit of custody once the court has been informed of their parents’ inability to provide proper care.

This process can help you provide a safe and healthy lifestyle for your grandchildren in a situation where their parents are unable to do so themselves.

Assistance in Unwed Situations

As the grandparent of a child who was born to parents outside of a marriage or to parents who are now divorced, you may be entitled to visitation rights, regardless of the relationship between the parents.

We work diligently to help you pursue your visitation rights and construct an effective arrangement that allows you access to your grandchildren.

Contact our office online, or call 440-328-4574 or toll free 888-506-0340 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your specific grandparents’ rights concerns.