Going Back to Court After Divorce

In many cases, the completion of a divorce or dissolution process can be a relieving experience. Unfortunately, in some situations, your legal issues may not be coming to an end just yet. With significant changes in lifestyle, a parenting plan or child support arrangement can quickly become obsolete. In other situations, it may be necessary to seek assistance from the court when your former spouse violates the terms of your parenting plan, support order or division of property order.

At Gemelas, Wilson, Merrill & Fritz Co LPA, our Elyria, Ohio, divorce modification attorneys take great care to provide detailed and personalized support to clients throughout the area who need to return to court after a divorce or dissolution. Whether you need help modifying an existing parenting plan, child support order or division of property order, or require assistance enforcing such an order, we work to help you pursue the resolutions you need to move forward without further legal worry.

Detailed Modification Assistance

Following major changes in your life, including those relating to your income, your schedule or your living arrangements, it may be necessary to modify an existing parenting plan or child support order or to seek permission from the court to perform a parental relocation.

We offer detailed guidance throughout the modification process and have the experience needed to help you pursue an amicable modification if possible. Should an amicable modification prove to be impossible, we offer assertive litigation guidance that is designed to help you pursue a more effective arrangement with the assistance of the courts.

Assertive Enforcement Assistance

We offer representation to clients who need assistance enforcing an existing parenting plan or child support order. In an effort to help you ensure that your former spouse adheres to your settlement or court judgment, we will explore every avenue possible, including court contempt proceedings or negotiation of a more effective order.

Our work in the enforcement field has allowed us to help countless clients obtain child support payments and arrears while protecting their children from unnecessary harm caused by an uncooperative parent.

Contact our office online, or call 440-328-4574 or toll free 888-506-0340 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your specific modification or enforcement concerns.